Owen Sound, Ontario
Visit Our Showroom
GET IN TOUCH
Owen Sound, Ontario
Your Closest Wellness Shop Location and Showroom to Owen Sound is:
Your Closest Wellness Shop Location and Showroom to Owen Sound, Ontario is:
Wellness Shop Barrie
508 Bryne Drive
Barrie, ON, Canada L4N 9P6
Welcome to Wellness Shop Barrie
Located just 123 km from Owen Sound, our showroom has everything you need to elevate your home and backyard. From hot tubs and all season pools, to infrared saunas, massage chairs and more, we have your every need covered. For more information, give our Barrie store a call at 705-722-9220 or visit us in person. We’re open seven days a week!
Showroom Hours :
Monday – Friday: 11 AM – 7 PM
Saturday: 11 AM – 6 PM
Sunday: 11 AM – 5 PM
Products We Carry
At Wellness Shop, we are dedicated to excellence in everything we do. That’s why we’re proud to provide our community with leading brands in the wellness industry. The brands we carry include: Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs, Nordic Hot Tubs™, Wellness Shop Hot Tubs, SwimLife All Season Pools, Clearlight® Infrared Saunas, Wellness Shop Massage Chairs, Cold Plunge Pools, Visscher Gazebos, Smartop® Spa Covers, and SmartShade.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Health Benefits of Hot Tubs?
Hot tubs offer a range of health benefits, making them popular for relaxation and therapy. Here are some of the key health benefits of using hot tubs:
- Stress Relief: Immersing yourself in warm water can help relax your muscles and relieve tension, reducing stress and promoting a sense of well-being.
- Muscle Relaxation: Hot tubs can help soothe sore muscles and alleviate muscle pain. The warm water and buoyancy reduce the effects of gravity on the body, allowing for better circulation and muscle relaxation.
- Improved Sleep: Soaking in a hot tub before bedtime can promote better sleep. The relaxation and increased body temperature can help you fall asleep faster and enjoy a more restful night's sleep.
- Pain Management: Hot tubs are often used to manage chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and back pain. The heat and buoyancy can provide relief from pain and discomfort.
- Improved Circulation: The warm water in a hot tub causes blood vessels to dilate, which can improve circulation. Better circulation can help reduce blood pressure and promote overall cardiovascular health.
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety: Hot tubs can have a calming effect on the mind, helping to reduce stress and alleviate symptoms of anxiety. The combination of warm water and hydrotherapy jets can provide relaxation and tranquility.
- Joint Mobility: Soaking in a hot tub can increase joint flexibility and mobility, making it beneficial for individuals with conditions like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy involves the use of water for therapeutic purposes. Hot tubs with hydrotherapy jets can target specific areas of the body, providing massage-like benefits that can relieve muscle tension and improve circulation.
- Weight Management: While not a replacement for regular exercise, hot tubs can aid in weight management by increasing metabolism and promoting calorie burn.
- Skin Health: The warm water can open pores and improve skin health by cleansing and hydrating the skin. However, it's essential to maintain proper water quality to avoid skin irritation.
- Mental Health: Hot tubs can contribute to better mental health by promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and improving overall mood. Spending time in a hot tub can provide a sense of calm and tranquility.
- Social Interaction: Hot tubs provide a space for socializing and connecting with friends and family. Social interaction has its own mental and emotional health benefits.
It's important to note that while hot tubs offer numerous health benefits, they are not suitable for everyone. Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as heart problems, high blood pressure, or open wounds, should consult with a healthcare professional before using a hot tub. Additionally, proper hot tub maintenance is crucial to ensure water quality and safety for all users.
Why is Hot Tub Maintenance Important?
Hot tub maintenance is crucial for several reasons, primarily related to the health and safety of those who use it, as well as the longevity and efficiency of the hot tub itself. Here are some key reasons why hot tub maintenance is important:
- Water Quality: Regular maintenance ensures that the water in your hot tub remains clean and safe. Proper chemical balance and filtration help prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and algae, which can cause skin irritation, eye infections, and respiratory issues.
- Health and Safety: Inadequate maintenance can lead to the buildup of contaminants in the water, posing health risks to hot tub users. Proper maintenance reduces the likelihood of infections and illnesses associated with unsanitary water conditions.
- Equipment Longevity: Regular maintenance extends the lifespan of your hot tub and its components. Cleaning filters, checking for leaks, and ensuring the water chemistry is balanced can prevent costly repairs or replacements.
- Energy Efficiency: A well-maintained hot tub operates more efficiently, which can result in lower energy bills. Properly functioning pumps, heaters, and insulation help maintain water temperature without excessive energy consumption.
- Cost Savings: Neglecting maintenance can lead to expensive repairs or replacements down the line. Routine maintenance is generally less costly and time-consuming than fixing major issues that may arise from neglect.
- Water Conservation: By keeping your hot tub well-maintained, you can reduce the need to drain and refill it frequently, conserving water and minimizing your environmental impact.
- Enjoyment: Regular maintenance ensures that your hot tub is always ready for use. You won't have to deal with unexpected downtime due to water quality issues or equipment failures, allowing you to enjoy your investment more consistently.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Clean and well-maintained hot tubs look more inviting and appealing. Stained, cloudy, or dirty water can be unattractive and deter people from using the hot tub.
- Resale Value: If you ever decide to sell your hot tub, its condition and maintenance history can significantly impact its resale value. A well-maintained hot tub is more likely to retain its value and attract potential buyers.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your hot tub is properly maintained can give you peace of mind and enhance your overall hot tub experience. You can relax and enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy without worrying about potential issues.
In summary, hot tub maintenance is essential for ensuring the health and safety of users, prolonging the life of the equipment, reducing operational costs, and maximizing your enjoyment of this valuable investment. Regular upkeep is a small effort that yields significant benefits in the long run.
What is an Infrared Sauna?
An infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses infrared heaters to emit radiant heat, which is absorbed directly by the body's surface, rather than heating the air in the sauna chamber like traditional saunas. Infrared saunas are designed to create a milder and more comfortable sauna experience while still providing a range of potential health benefits.
Here are some key characteristics and features of infrared saunas:
- Infrared Heat: Infrared saunas use infrared radiation to generate heat. This radiant heat is similar to the heat emitted by the sun but without the harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Temperature: Infrared saunas typically operate at lower temperatures (usually between 100°F to 150°F or 38°C to 65°C) compared to traditional saunas (which can reach 185°F to 195°F or 85°C to 90°C). This makes them more tolerable for longer sessions.
- Heaters: Infrared saunas are equipped with infrared heaters, often made of ceramic or carbon materials, which emit infrared waves. These waves are absorbed by the skin, promoting warmth and relaxation.
- Penetration: Unlike traditional saunas, which primarily heat the air around you, infrared waves penetrate the body's tissues more deeply, potentially promoting various health benefits.
- Health Benefits: Infrared saunas are believed to offer a range of health benefits, including improved circulation, relaxation, pain relief, detoxification through sweating, and potential assistance with weight loss and skin health.
- Ease of Use: Infrared saunas are generally easy to use and require less preheating time than traditional saunas. Users can typically adjust the temperature and duration of their sessions to suit their preferences.
- Types: Infrared saunas come in various types, including portable units that can be set up in a home or office, as well as larger sauna cabins often found in wellness centers or spas.
- Low Humidity: Infrared saunas typically have lower humidity levels compared to traditional saunas, which can be more comfortable for some users.
- Safety: Infrared saunas are considered safe for most people, but individuals with certain medical conditions, such as cardiovascular issues or pregnancy, should consult with a healthcare professional before using one.
It's important to note that while many users report positive experiences and health benefits from infrared saunas, scientific research on some of these claimed benefits is ongoing, and individual results can vary. If you're considering using an infrared sauna for specific health purposes, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare provider to determine if it's suitable for your needs and health conditions.
Owen Sound, Ontario Hot Tub and Sauna Experts
Our expert team in Barrie is on-hand to help you find the perfect hot tub or infrared sauna for your home in Owen Sound. We can answer any questions you may have including installation and foundation requirements, as well as how to take care of your new hot tub.
Visit our showroom today in Barrie and browse our terrific selection of floor models in hot tubs, infrared saunas and all sesason pools.